Monday, May 4, 2015

Big Sun + Big Girl = ???

    As I sit here with the windows closed to the chilly rain outside, it is hard to bare in mind that it is indeed spring. Despite being the beginning of May, Toledo, Ohio where I live has been a constant teeter totter of weather. On day it may be the epitome of spring and the next, you may reconsider putting your heavy jacket back in the closet. The saying in Toledo has always gone "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it'll change."

    Change it shall. Soon, the arrival of spring and summer sun will usher in an endless back-and-forth of blazing sun, relentless rain and algae (Ha, shout out to you water crisis of Summer 2014). The sheer thought of the warmer weather to come has left me with some thoughts. I have never quite understood where I fall in the equation of fat and sun. When I was younger and admittedly a lot smaller, the summer sun was a welcomed sight.

    No School.

    No Uniforms.

    Summer Dresses for EVERYBODY.

    But time pressed on, sh#t happened in my life and I found myself larger and the sun became an enemy. I am a Princess. I will be the first to admit it. I don't care for messy foods; I'll still eat them, but I will do my best to make as little of a mess as possible. I hate slimy things, I hate dirt, I hate not smelling my best and most of all I HATE sweating.

    Hate.

    Loath.

    Despise.

    I could write you all an entire BOOK of all the words I could use to describe how much I hate sweating. I hate feeling hot, sticky and gross. I hate the way it smells and I hate the way that it feels. Nothing can take your fierce-o-meter down from Rihanna to Ugly Betty quicker than stepping out the house: bomb a** outfit, feeling like embodied gold, turning heads left and right and then suddenly you feel it...

   That disgusting trickle of sweat sliding down the back of your calf, making you squirm. Nothing makes me feel suddenly unattractive as that singular sensation can.

   This makes me want tor reach out to all the plus size ladies of the world. Am I the only one with some extra me to love that shares a very complicated, three-way relationship with warm weather? That weird, awkward love triangle where you love the sunshine and warm breezes but want to literally shoot the sun?

   I CAN'T be the only one, I refuse to believe it.

   If you disagree, let me know.

   If you agree, share in my complex hatred and we can have a giggle or two over it!

   Do you have tips and tricks to beat the heat? Reduce sweat? I'd love to hear about it down below.

Update: My first photoshoot will be this week! I will definitely be sharing prints once I have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment