Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Passion for Fashion on Pathetic Funds

Whaaaat? A blog post on a Tuesday? Perish the thought! That means that I actually rolled out of bed and did something productive with my life! Gasp! Shock and awe! 

As shocking as it may seem, yes, I am indeed here on a Tuesday making a blog post. I have some things I would like to complain about and unload onto the willing masses.

I have a passion for passion! On very, very pathetic funds, and when I say pathetic, I use that term very loosely. What I literally mean is next to no funds. I'm a college student and I live in a small town where for the most part you're either in one of the following situations, you:

A) are stuck in a seemingly perpetual loop of being in college FOREVER
B) become a nurse
C) become a nurse
D) become a nurse
E) get stuck in the incredibly soul-sucking worm hole that is food services 
F) actually manage to somehow find a decent job, most of the time through happenstance
G) collect SSI though there may, or may NOT actually be something "wrong" with you or...
H) (my personal case) NO ONE WILL HIRE YOU!!!!



If I were my own country, this would by my flag. Fat Bastard in all his glory would hang high from every flag post my nation over. This is the literal story of my freaking life. From fast food joints, to the Goodwill, to Kroger, you name it; they have declined me. I was recently turned down for a job because, get this; I was too close with two of their employees. Never mind the fact that those two employees are amazing friends and for most jobs would be FANTASTIC references, but they didn't want their co-workers to be too chummy. Sorry, I thought friendship, teamwork, communication, and comradery were supposed to be healthy and beneficial in the workplace; my bad, bruh. The constant slue of rejections has made me one tough cookie, I'll admit. However, that doesn't change the fact that it sucks beyond anything that I could ever describe. It's also highly depressing...

Especially for a person like me who loves clothes..... it's like the universe is legitimately and purposefully toying with me and treating my life as if it were some kind of eternal, cosmic joke. Why?....No, seriously....Why? 

I get a student loan refund check....that's the extent of my meager "income" which isn't even income, it's money that I'm going to be paying back for the rest of my life. And sure, the overall hope is to go to college, get a good job, and pay all of it back in a timely manner. But, in case you didn't notice, life is the biggest a**hole on the planet who just so happens to have a never ending case of "The Mondays." So, as you can imagine, for everyone, that plan doesn't usually go as followed. 

The reason for this rant is all Chastity Garner's fault. Garner Style. Curvy Con co-creator, and one of my all time favorite, bada** fashion bloggers recently did a collaboration with Rebdolls, a plus clothing company that literally has me drooling into my Samsung Galaxy S3 about once a week. 

  


 

 

Again....I pose the question: why? Why must I be so broke? Why must my wallet be so incredible empty, nothing rattling around but bus fare, yet my eye for clothing draws me to some of the most expensive, gorgeous, drool-worthy clothing that I can find. It just isn't fare. I feel like my brain and wallet need to catch up to one another. Preferably, my wallet catching up with my brain. 

End Rant. 

You can shop for this collection here. You can also follow Chastity here, here, and here.

Also, don't forget that you can like the blog's Facebook page here and catch lots of content that doesn't wind up on the blog!

Thanks for reading XOXO

4 comments:

  1. OMG it's fabulous... Baby girl your day comes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, I really appreciate that, and thank you for actually commenting! I get so few of those lol. When you get back to school make sure to tell all your friends about the blog lol.

      Delete
  2. i 100% hear you!!
    i have spent the best part of my day crying over this exact reason!!
    I am a student. I live in a small town. My family are going through some serious shit which is affecting us all financially. And i have a dying passion for fashion. Looking on point is part of my identity, its what people know me as, its how i feel the most confident and happy.
    Howwww can i be me if I am literally wearing rags and jeans with holes in!!?!
    Howww can i even attempt to blog about fashion on a budget, when i don't even have a budget to work with?!!

    So, i feel ya!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad that we can share in this struggle together. It also helps that I have very few accessories, and the accessories that I DO have don't really match anything in my wardrobe. I'm an odd little duck that way.

      Delete